Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Episode 101: Strange Love

In episode 1 we are introduced to the characters of Bon Temps, LA for the first time. For me, it took a little while to get a beat on Tara. At first I found Tara to be hostile, but by the end of the show I found her to be quite funny and I was looking forward to hearing what she had to say.

Almost immediately, my heart went out to Sam as that nice guy who is heartbreakingly in love with Sookie, but does not have a chance. Especially, once our resident Vampire walks into the picture.

It did not take long to discover that Jason is a slut of epic proportions, which already got him into trouble by the end of the episode. The question is; will he learn his lesson?

When we are first introduced to Sookie Stackhouse, you can tell that she is burdened by her ability to read minds and it is not surprising that she is instantly attracted to the one person whose thoughts are a mystery, Bill Compton who, of course, is a vampire.

As vampires go, Bill Compton, is dark and brooding and realizes rather quickly that Sookie is different from other humans. I believe that this is what attracts him to her.

At the end of the episode it is clear that Sookie is smitten, but I was still not quite sure what to make of Bill. What I did walk away with, however, was that feeling of a very intense relationship building between these two characters, which very quickly put Sookie’s life in danger. I’m sure that it will not be the last time.

On a side note, there seems to be something mysterious about the dog.

Please let me know your impressions of the characters.

No comments: